Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas

I've heard a lot of people say "When is it going to feel like Christmas??" and I tend to agree. I live in Texas. Its about 75 out. There is no snow any where. I haven't gone caroling and finished most of my Christmas shopping this year in October. (I'm kind of an overachiever in that area). But every time I hear someone say that or I think it myself ,that Steven Curtis Chapman song rings through my head "Christmas is all in the heart...thats where feeling starts..." And I believe that. But I don't think its sunk all the way down to my heart. But I want it to.

I need the rawness of the story to hit me afresh.

I'm for sure not where I'm supposed to be yet. But I'm closer than I was this morning. I was praying this evening, or morning rather (insomnia came to visit) and I felt like God wants me to share with you what He taught me.

So this is straight out of my journal...its my prayer to God, me finally starting to get it. I pray you are encouraged and your faith strengthened by this. And Christmas hits you in the face and you get the message of grace in an incredible new way.

You are the most profound act of grace.
You are all that is worth living for.
Because there is HOPE in Your name.
Because there is MERCY and HEALING in Your touch.
Because all that is good in me is because of You.
Your grace is scandalous.
Your love is matchless.
Your mercy is everlasting.
You are redemption. Period.
You are faithful.
You are beyond words.
No one can describe You.
No one deserves Your love.
I don't deserve Your love.
I can't love You like You deserve.
You are the God who saves.

The words "But God" are some of the most powerful and life changing words in Scripture. Because they reveal Your nature.
They reveal how You differ from me.
They reveal Your glorious, unending, unchanging mercy.

"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus" Eph 2:46

In Your name, there is HEALING
In Your name, there is FORGIVENESS
In Your name, there is TRUTH
In Your name, there is PASSION
In Your name, there is WHOLENESS
In Your name, there is POWER
In Your name, there is PURITY
By Your name, CAPTIVES ARE SET FREE
By Your name, BROKENESS IS HEALED
By Your name, I AM NO LONGER A SLAVE TO SIN.

Everything I lack is found in You.

That my dear friend, is the message of Christmas. It's not a feeling. It's not based on your circumstances. It's about GOD becoming flesh and choosing to save us. To save you. To save me. Its a celebration of when HOPE came into the world.

I pray your Christmas is filled peace, love, and thankfulness.

With great joy,

Maria

P.S. I have no idea how I'm going to fall asleep now. :-)

P.S.S. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me who Christ mas is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said . . . and thanks for sharing your heart. It is so hard to make Christmas meaningful and fresh every year. You've captured it here.

    ReplyDelete