Monday, December 12, 2011

Return



Hello =)

I haven't blogged in WAY to long! It's mildly ridiculous. Possible New Years Resolution??

So I feel like I've not only taken a sabbatical from blogging but also from life. Permit me to explain. 

I haven't jumped off the deep end. I still loved Him, found mild comfort in scripture, and talked to Him daily. But it was mostly small prayers like "help me stay focused" etc.I even had minor God moments when I choose to believe Him over my feelings. That aside, I didn't really abide in Christ. I wasn't actively pursuing Christ. Through this I felt my spirit dry up, if you will. My soul was thirsty. And although I knew what I needed to do: Get right with God and start walking with Him on a daily, personal level, I was to tired to do so. 

I have really good friends. They drive me CRAZY and I often love/hate them at the same time. So I guess that means they're family. But what I really appreciate about some of them is that they are actively pursuing God daily. It made me realize how much improvement I need in my life. How much I need God. Mind you, this realization didn't happen over night. It happened over the course of the semester, about 4 months. 
So today, I broke out my current favorite devotional Living Free by Beth Moore. Click here to see what it is. I highly recommend everyone from ages 10-110 read it. So chances are that means YOU.

Ironically, the day I picked was about returning to God, idolatry, and finding satisfaction in Christ alone. Needless to say, it was exactly what I needed. Part of me wants to type out the entire day for you to read. But I'm pretty sure that's illegal or something. 

Her whole point was that dissatisfaction is something that is actually a good thing because it signals us that we are trying to find our worth, value, and satisfaction in something other than God. 

"God offers us so much more than usually choose to enjoy. Dissatisfaction is not a terrible thing. It's a God thing. It's only a terrible thing when we don't let it lead us to Christ. He wants us to find the only thing that will truly satiate our thirsty and hungry hearts" (Moore, pg. 67). 

The following Scripture was also used. Get ready.

"He feeds on ashes, a deluded heart misleads him;
   he cannot save himself, or say,
   “Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?”
 “Remember these things, O Jacob,
   for you are my servant, O Israel.
I have made you, you are my servant;
   O Israel, I will not forget you. 
I have swept away your offenses like a cloud,
   your sins like the morning mist.
Return to me,
   for I have redeemed you.”

Isaiah 44: 20-22

This almost brought me to tears. The Lord is so merciful. We are so stupid. We become obsessed with things and end up making stupid choices because of it. How many times have you stayed up wayyyy past your bedtime because you were on facebook or youtube? Me too. An all to often occurrence in my life. I don't even want to be on the computer anymore but yet somehow I still am. Can you say obsessed? BUT, the Lord in all His unfailing mercy still loves us. He will take us back even though we never deserve it and all He asks is that we return to Him. 

What wondrous love is this?




I am humbly asking that you come on journey with me to love God and be eternally changed.

Huge love,

Maria 

No comments:

Post a Comment